“There is deep wisdom within our very flesh, if we can only come to our senses and feel it.” -Elizabeth A Behnke
Somatic movement is based on body awareness to feel, sense and experience body-mind connection through movement practice. In this training, you will be guided safely to re-learn how to move and train your body consciously in order to get back to your balanced self and well-being.
The practice is designed for people,
- Who want to manage body symptoms in a holistic way.
- To improve chronic pain, posture, low energy, focus & creativity.
- To train the body with curiosity & openness.
- To learn about tools for body & mind practice through movement awareness.
Personal movement coaching
This one-on-one movement coaching session is tailored to your needs to improve overall strength, flexibility and healthy posture as well as discovering your body as moving intelligence and creative source.
The session is based on Moving & being moved practice.
- Movement patterns(Moving): Slow and focused movement exercises are introduced for coordination, stretching, balancing, orientation and adaptation of the body function. You will learn various movement patterns to explore body mechanics.
Sensory awareness (being moved): Vision is the most dominant sense. By moving with your eyes closed, you can access to body sensation, feeling and inner listening state. You will learn how to be present in your own body, and feel grounded and safe.
Group training focuses on health, well-being and self- inquiry. Inspired by practices of body awareness, imagery, sensorial perception and inquiry, this training is a way to tune into your own body with grounding and creativity.
Starting with a meditation, warm-up, guided exercises in groups and duets, and a simple approach to body inquiry for all ages and body conditions.
Jihae and Kay worked as professional dancers and choreographers for many years, collaborated with numerous artists in Europe, Canada and S.Korea.
For the last 10 years, they work as holistic medicine practitioners integrating somatics and creativity in medicine practice. Their passion is for helping people feel more present in their bodies and become more conscious of their creative potential and well-being.
They are the co-owners of Medicine Body Studio in Amsterdam.