“There is deep wisdom within our very flesh, if we can only come to our senses and feel it.” -Elizabeth A Behnke
Medicine Body movement is based on body awareness to feel, sense and experience body-mind connection through movement practice. In this training, you will be guided safely to re-learn how to move and train your body consciously in order to get back to your balanced self and well-being.
The practice is designed for people,
- Who want to find creative tools to manage body symptoms in a holistic way.
- To connect to the inner journey with curiosity and openness.
- To learn about tools for body & mind practice through movement.
– Personal movement session
This one-on-one movement coaching session is tailored to your needs to improve overall strength, flexibility and healthy posture as well as discovering your body as moving intelligence and creative source.
The session is based on;
- Movement patterns: Slow and focused movement exercises are introduced for coordination, stretching, balancing, orientation and adaptation of the body function. You will learn various movement patterns to explore movement mechanism.
- Sensory awareness: Vision is the most dominant sense. By working with the eyes closed, other senses can come forward. You can access to a deeper listening state of your body & mind. You will learn how to be present in your own body, and feel grounded and safe.
- Body pilgrimage : Based on 3 energy centres such as Grounding centre ( earth energy) of the feet and legs, Integration centre ( water energy) of the spine and hip and the higher centre (Fire energy) of the arms and head. You will explore your own movement and inspiration by embodying the wisdom of three centres that are always dancing within.
Jihae and Kay worked as professional dancers and choreographers for many years, collaborated with numerous artists in Europe, Canada and S.Korea.
For the last 12 years, they work as holistic medicine practitioners integrating somatics and creativity in medicine practice. Their passion is for helping people feel more present in their bodies and become more conscious of their creative potential and well-being.
They are the co-owners of Medicine Body Studio in Amsterdam.