“There is deep wisdom within our very flesh, if we can only come to our senses and feel it.” -Elizabeth A Behnke
Somatic movement is based on body awareness to feel, sense and experience body-mind-soul connection through movement practice. You will be guided safely to re-learn and re-connect to your body presence for your balanced self and well-being.
The practice is designed for people,
- Who want to manage body-mind symptoms in a holistic way. (burnout, anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue & pain)
- To discover the inner journey with curiosity and openness.
- To learn about tools for self-healing and empowerment.
This one-on-one session focuses on improving your individual condition. You will learn how to be present in your own body, and feel grounded and safe.
The session includes;
- Sensory awareness in feeling, seeing and listening.
- Moving and being moved practice.
- 5 element framework for rebalancing body, mind, emotion and soul.
Group practice focuses on healing and creative process as a way of tuning into your own body as well as collective body. Inspired by practices of body awareness, creative expression, sensory perception and inquiry.
Starting with a meditation, warm-up, guided exercises in groups and duets, and a simple approach to body inquiry for all ages and body conditions.
Jihae and Kay worked as professional dancers and choreographers for many years, collaborated with numerous artists in Europe, Canada and S.Korea.
For the last 12 years, they work as holistic medicine practitioners integrating somatics and creativity in medicine practice. Their passion is for helping people feel more present in their bodies and become more conscious of their creative potential and well-being.
They are the co-owners of Medicine Body Studio in Amsterdam.