Traditional Chinese medicine(TCM) meets Somatic awareness and Healing Process.
Acupuncture is a complementary medical practice that has 3000-year-old healing history with beneficial clinical effects on many disorders.
Acupuncture works closely related to the nervous system and promotes the natural self-healing process by stimulating specific anatomic sites (acu-points) by inserting fine, sterile needles into the skin.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), “acupuncture is believed to restore energy balance between Yin and Yang.” This can be translated into the Western medicine terminology as “Acupuncture modulates the imbalance between the parasympathetic and sympathetic activity in the nervous system.”
Jihae Ko’s therapy is especially designed for Women’s health & Psychosomatic symptoms.
- Women’s health such as fertility, menopause, Gynaecological issues.
- Pregnancy & Postnatal care
- Stomach & bowel complaints & disorders
- Skin diseases such as itchiness, eczema and acne
- Headache & Migraine
- Pain disorders & nerve damage ( neuropathy)
This treatment is an unique combination of acupuncture and somatic therapy. Including hands-on(touch), breath and sensory awareness, the session is especially designed for clients with psychosomatic symptoms and women’s health.
- Body & Mind support for Anxiety, Burn-out, Insomnia, Depression, Trauma.
- Women’s health such as fertility, menopause process with inner work
- Fibromyalgia, hypersensitivity and unusual body sensations & pain.
+Good to Know! Acupuncture treatment is reimbursed by Dutch health insurance companies.
Energy Healing Process
This session facilities a healing process by reconnecting with our senses and perceptions through sound, touch, smell and visualisation as well as setting a clear intention in order to align the body, mind, heart connection.
more reviews :
From her early age, she became familiar with Asian medicine and Acupuncture through her father who is a TKM (Traditional Korean Medicine) practitioner, known as TCM ( Traditional Chinese Medicine) in the West.
Her work embodies a holistic healing and somatic awareness approach to alternative medicine practice.
She is a co-owner of Medicine Body Studio in Amsterdam.
Diplomas & Trainings
- Acupuncture (BA) at Shenzhou open university of TCM.
- Western medicine at Shenzhou open university of TCM.
- Korean Sassang constitutional Acupuncture & Herbalism.
- Dance Choreography (BA) in Hogeschool voor de kunsten.
- Contemporary Dance in The School for Toronto Dance theatre.
- Somatic trainings such as Continuum, Authentic movement, Body weather, Qikung & Co-creation.
- Ongoing practice of Inquiry & Presence.